Electronic & Electrical Materials
With a deep understanding of materials science, a commitment to technology leadership, a wide range of process expertise and a long history of innovation, DuPont offers the industry’s broadest array of high performance electronic and electrical materials.
The DuPont electronics and electrical portfolio includes materials for hybrid, rigid and flexible circuits; specialized ceramic, polymer thick film compositions (PTF) and GreenTape™ low temperature co-fired ceramic (LTCC) materials; and materials for the fabrication and packaging of semiconductors.
When you’re designing products that require electrical insulation systems (EIS), DuPont can make your job easier because we offer the industry’s largest number of EIS that have been pre-approved by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) and recognized to IEC standards. These systems include a wide range of DuPont materials including: films, varnishes, aramid papers, pressboard products, thermoplastic resins and wire enamels.
DuPont Microcircuit Materials Introduces New Inks for Printed Electronics
The new DuPont™ PE827 and PE828 low-temperature inks cure at as low as 60°C, opening up the possibility for printed electronics designers to use less expensive plastic films.
Pyralux® TK Flexible Circuit Material Used in Molex High-Speed Low-Loss Flex Circuit Assemblies
The assemblies are ideal for electronic data transmission applications such as servers and high-end computing, storage servers and signal processing.
DuPont Introduces Stretchable Inks for Wearable Electronics
DuPont Microcircuit Materials has introduced a suite of stretchable electronic ink materials for use in smart clothing applications and other wearable electronics.
DuPont Microcircuit Materials Extends Printed Electronics Research and Holst Centre Collaboration
DuPont and Holst Centre have extended their collaboration focused on advanced materials for the printed electronics industry.
DuPont Introduces New Pyralux® High Temperature Flexible Circuit Material System
The Pyralux® HT 225ºC service temperature enables designers to use flexible circuits for the first time in high-temperature environments such as aerospace and automotive engines, brakes and transmissions, and downhole pumps for oil and gas drilling.
DuPont Introduces Pure Copper Conductive Ink
DuPont Microcircuit Materials is introducing its first pure copper conductive ink for photonic curing, DuPont™ PE510 copper conductor. DuPont™ PE510 is a cost-effective alternative to silver conductor inks for a variety of applications.
DuPont Microcircuit Materials Shares New Research on Printable Conductor for OLED Lighting
DuPont anticipates that new nano-silver conductor ink materials, will be commercially available next year and that these materials will be able to provide a combination of extremely high conductivity and excellent adhesion even after substrate cleaning steps.
DuPont Microcircuit Materials Expands Printed Electronics Product Line
DuPont is expanding its suite of low silver, conductive ink materials specifically tailored for membrane touch switch (MTS), radio-frequency identification (RFID), and wearable electronic applications.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Kapton® multi-layer insulation films protect NOAA satellite
- Electrochemical Biosensors
- Blood Glucose Test Strips
- Liquid Immersed Transformers
- Dry Type Transformer Insulation
- Materials for Electronic Warfare
- Advanced Materials for Satellite Communications
- Printed Materials for Patient Monitoring and Warming
- GreenTape™ 9K7 LTCC for Transceiver Systems
- Pyralux® for Space & Avionics Instrumentation
- Pyralux® for Satellite, Radar & Communications Systems
- Pyralux® for Automotive Flex Circuit Cable Assemblies
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Interview: Update on DuPont OLED Advances, Sees Printed OLED TVs Soon
- Smart & Stretchable
- Stretchable Inks: Changing the Wearables Market
- DuPont Collaborates with Molex on New High Speed Flexible Interconnects
- CooLam® Enables Cleaner, Brighter, Higher Quality Light
- Nomex® Product Line Overview
- Nomex® paper properties
OLED Process Technology Achieves Significant Cost Savings
DuPont OLED liquid printing process technology, is projected to be approximately 30% below incumbent LCD costs
- Why Do I Need EIS
- High Temperature Electrical Insulation
- Zytel® PA: An Ideal Electrical Polymer
- What is Electrical Insulation