Fabrics, Fibers, and Nonwovens – Engineered for Performance
For more than 40 years, DuPont has delivered the fabrics, fibers, and nonwovens industries and companies trust for performance, protection, and versatility of use.
With our track record of innovation and our dedicated team of scientists and engineers, DuPont has worked in collaboration with industries to develop new uses for these high performing materials including DuPont™ Kevlar® aramid fiber for ballistic and cut protection, DuPont™ Nomex® flame resistant fiber for fire dangers, DuPont™ Sorona® eco-fiber for versatile, design-freedom, DuPont™ Tyvek® for breathable barrier protection, and DuPont™ Tychem® for chemical protection.
From protecting workers, emergency response personnel, buildings, our environment and work to making automobiles and aircraft faster and more efficient, the fabrics, fibers, and nonwovens innovations we develop in partnership with industries are limitless.
- Kevlar® brand
- Tyvek® Protective Apparel
- Tychem® garments
- Tyvek® Brand
- DuPont™ Sorona®
- Nomex® for Automotive Heat Shield
- Nomex® for Aerospace Applications
The DuPont™ Tyvekr® Media Center features Tyvek® news, videos, events and insights, from the fabric used to help make a variety of clothing, accessories, and equipment safe and more durable.
- Thermo-Man® Demonstration Unit
- Protera® Fabric
- Flame Resistant Nomex®
- Tyvek® Media Center
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Conveyor Belts for Mining
- Reebok® Crossfit® Gear made with Kevlar®
- Industrial Safety
- Consumer Products made with Kevlar®
- Aerospace, Marine, & Rail
- Safe and durable protective motorcycle apparel
- Kevlar® for stronger Brake Pads, Clutches and Gaskets
- Tyvek® Cargo Covers for Perishables
- Tyvek® Cargo Covers for Pharmaceuticals
Sorona® for Automotive Carpet
When the design objective is durable, beautiful, fast-drying, stain-resistant automotive carpet, the more sustainable alternative to petroleum-based products is DuPont™ Sorona®. High-performance Sorona® fiber contains 37% renewably-sourced, plant-based content by weight and consumes less non-renewable energy during manufacture than nylon 6.
Sorona® for Casual Wear
DuPont™ Sorona® enhances casual wear fabrics when blended with both man-made fibers like polyester and natural textiles like cotton, wool, and linen.
- Sorona® Soft Fabric for Intimate Apparel
- Sorona® Oeko-Tex®-Certified
- DuPont and Reebok Collaborate on New Reebok CrossFit® Collection
- MCR Safety Launches New Glove with DuPont™ Kevlar®
- DuPont Protection Technologies and adidas Sign Trademark License Agreement
- DuPont™ Kevlar® Sponsors ESPN’s X Games Austin 2015
Sorona® Collaborates with Cushnie et Ochs at New York Fashion Week
As excitement around New York Fashion Week begins to stir, DuPont™ Sorona® fiber takes its front row seat by announcing a new design collaboration with women’s fashion brand Cushnie et Ochs, which is showcasing conceptual designs made with DuPont™ Sorona® down its runway today. The design duo used fabrics enhanced with Sorona® to create five pieces that will appeal to fashion frontrunners.
- DuPont Protection Technologies Reaffirms Commitment to Defend Aggressively Against Trademark Infringement and Counterfeiting
- Bold Brand Campaign for DuPont™ Kevlar® Kicks-Off with ESPN X Games
- DuPont™ Kevlar® Kicks off 50th Anniversary
- DuPont Invests to Protect More People, Processes and the Environment
Techplast Wins EMEA DuPont™ Kevlar® Innovation Award
DuPont Protection Technologies is pleased to announce the winner of the 2012 DuPont™ Kevlar® Innovation Awards. This year’s EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) award was bestowed to Techplast, a company based in Poland, for their innovative use of Kevlar® in SAFER® ultra-light composite cylinders.
- DuPont Launches DuPont™ Nomex® XF for Aerospace Industry
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Tyvek® Contact Us Directory
- Second Chance Introduces One of the Thinnest & Most Flexible Vests
- DuPont unveiling third-generation Tyvek® Cargo Cover at the 'LogiPharma' supply chain event in Montreux 19th - 21st April 2016
DuPont Tyvek® for Cargo Covers
See why DuPont™ Tyvek® is the ideal material for Cargo Covers.
Tyvek® Cargo Covers Presentations and Publications
View past presentations and publications on DuPont™ Tyvek® Cargo Covers.
Tyvek® Cargo Covers News
Stay up to date on everything DuPont™ Tyvek® Cargo Covers.
Tyvek® Cargo Covers Product Line Detail
An overview of the all the available sizes for DuPont™ Tyvek™ Air Cargo Covers.
Tyvek® Cargo Covers Temperature Management Performance
Tyvek® Cargo Covers provide hours of additional cold chain break protection by substantially lowering peak temperatures.
Tyvek® Cargo Covers Events
Join us at the following events for more information on DuPont™ Tyvek™ Air Cargo Covers.
Tyvek® Cargo Covers Products and Services
An overview of the products and services offered through Tyvek™ Air Cargo Covers
- DuPont Bio-Based Products
- How DuPont™ Sorona® is Made