Fabrics, Fibers, and Nonwovens – Engineered for Performance
For more than 40 years, DuPont has delivered the fabrics, fibers, and nonwovens industries and companies trust for performance, protection, and versatility of use.
With our track record of innovation and our dedicated team of scientists and engineers, DuPont has worked in collaboration with industries to develop new uses for these high performing materials including DuPont™ Kevlar® aramid fiber for ballistic and cut protection, DuPont™ Nomex® flame resistant fiber for fire dangers, DuPont™ Sorona® eco-fiber for versatile, design-freedom, DuPont™ Tyvek® for breathable barrier protection, and DuPont™ Tychem® for chemical protection.
From protecting workers, emergency response personnel, buildings, our environment and work to making automobiles and aircraft faster and more efficient, the fabrics, fibers, and nonwovens innovations we develop in partnership with industries are limitless.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Conveyor Belts for Mining
- Reebok® Crossfit® Gear made with Kevlar®
- Industrial Safety
- Consumer Products made with Kevlar®
- Aerospace, Marine, & Rail
- Safe and durable protective motorcycle apparel
- Kevlar® for stronger Brake Pads, Clutches and Gaskets
Sorona® for Automotive Carpet
When the design objective is durable, beautiful, fast-drying, stain-resistant automotive carpet, the more sustainable alternative to petroleum-based products is DuPont™ Sorona®. High-performance Sorona® fiber contains 37% renewably-sourced, plant-based content by weight and consumes less non-renewable energy during manufacture than nylon 6.
- Air Cargo Covers for Perishables
- Air Cargo Covers for Pharmaceuticals
Sorona® Snaps Coat Fabric Into Shape
DuPont™ Sorona® enhances casual wear fabrics when blended with both man-made fibers like polyester and natural textiles like cotton, wool, and linen.
Sorona® for Uniform Fabric
DuPont™ Sorona® fiber enhances wool and cotton, for a soft uniform fabric that dries quickly, stretches comfortably, and recovers its shape beautifully. And Sorona® is 37% renewably sourced, which means workwear manufacturers now have a renewable uniform fabric option.
- DuPont and Reebok Collaborate on New Reebok CrossFit® Collection
- DuPont™ Kevlar® Sponsors ESPN’s X Games Austin 2015
- Sorona® Oeko-Tex®-Certified
- DuPont™ Kevlar® Kicks off 50th Anniversary
- MCR Safety Launches New Glove with DuPont™ Kevlar®
- Bold Brand Campaign for DuPont™ Kevlar® Kicks-Off with ESPN X Games
- DuPont Launches DuPont™ Nomex® XF for Aerospace Industry
- Fiber-Line Introduces New Cable Offering
- DuPont Launches Next-Generation Multi-Hazard Protection – Nomex® MHP
- DuPont™ Kevlar® in Mining Provides Increased Productivity
- DuPont Invests to Protect More People, Processes and the Environment
Techplast Wins EMEA DuPont™ Kevlar® Innovation Award
DuPont Protection Technologies is pleased to announce the winner of the 2012 DuPont™ Kevlar® Innovation Awards. This year’s EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) award was bestowed to Techplast, a company based in Poland, for their innovative use of Kevlar® in SAFER® ultra-light composite cylinders.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Tyvek® Contact Us Directory
- Second Chance Introduces One of the Thinnest & Most Flexible Vests
Tyvek™ Air Cargo Covers Presentations and Publications
View past presentations and publications on DuPont™ Tyvek™ Air Cargo Covers.
Tyvek™ Air Cargo Covers News
Stay up to date on everything DuPont™ Tyvek™ Air Cargo Covers.
Tyvek™ Air Cargo Covers Events
Join us at the following events for more information on DuPont™ Tyvek™ Air Cargo Covers.
Tyvek™ Air Cargo Covers Product Line Detail
An overview of the all the available sizes for DuPont™ Tyvek™ Air Cargo Covers.
DuPont Tyvek® for Air Cargo Covers
See why DuPont™ Tyvek® is the ideal material for Air Cargo Covers.
Tyvek™ Air Cargo Covers Products and Services
An overview of the products and services offered through Tyvek™ Air Cargo Covers
Tyvek™ Cargo Covers Temperature Management Performance
DuPont™ Tyvek™ Air Cargo Covers provide hours of additional cold chain break protection by substantially lowering peak temperatures.
- How DuPont™ Sorona® is Made
- DuPont Bio-Based Products
- Sorona® Life Cycle Assessment