Tedlar® Based Backsheets Provide Critical, Long-Life Protection to Solar Panels
Tedlar® PVF films give solar panels the ability to resist weathering, moisture and UV radiation.
DuPont™ Tedlar® PVF films provide 30+ years of proven durability and reliability for solar modules exposed to the harshest outdoor conditions. Tedlar® based backsheets provide critical, long-life protection to the module, safeguarding the system and enabling long-term PV system returns.
Tedlar® Offers Optimal Balance of Properties
- Robust adhesion
- Mechanical strength
- Ultraviolet and chemical resistance
Typical Applications: Solar module backsheets
- Double-sided: Tedlar® TPT™ based backsheet: Proven industry standard; used in premium, high efficiency modules and in harsh climates
- Single-sided: Tedlar® TPE based backsheet: Offers the best balance of properties in single-sided backsheets for general-purpose applications
For more information please visit: DuPont Photovoltaic Solution
DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
Tedlar® Protective & Decorative Films
Durable, polyvinyl fluoride films that are used as a long-lasting finish for surfaces exposed to harsh environments.
Tedlar® Release Films
When used as a release liner DuPont™ Tedlar® PVF films provide clean and fast release from high temperature, complex molds.
Tedlar® Flexible Adhesives
Versatile acrylic adhesives developed for use in laminating Tedlar® PVF protective films to a variety of substrates.
RELATED USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Tedlar® Films Give Airlines Maximum Interior Design Flexibility
- Tedlar® is an Ideal Protection Material for Architectural Substrates
- Tedlar® Provides Easy-to-Clean Surface Finishes for Cars, Buses & Trains
- Anti-Graffiti Tedlar® Films
- Tedlar® Release and Protective Films for Wind Turbine Blades
- Printed Circuit Board Applications
- Transfer Printing Applications
Electrical Power Applications
DuPont™ Tedlar® high temperature and chemical resistant properties make it ideal for use in high voltage electrical power applications.
Gas Sample Bag Applications
Tedlar® release films offer gas permeation resistance into and out of the sample bags, assuring sample integrity.
Tedlar® release films help provide an ideal release for fiber-reinforced polymer (FRP) and carbon-fiber-reinforced polymer (CFRP) composites.