Tedlar® Release and Protective Films for Wind Turbine Blades
Wind turbine blades protected with Tedlar® PVF films resist weathering, moisture and UV rays, have low drag and exceptional performance.
DuPont™ Tedlar® PVF films are used in the production of wind turbine blades as both a release film and a protective surface. As a protective surface Tedlar® has the ability to resist weathering, moisture and UV rays, while also offering low drag to effectively keep surfaces clean. Tedlar® has demonstrated exceptional performance in marine/salt water environments.
As a Protective Surface
- Long-term durability
- Good abrasion resistance
- Excellent chemical and corrosion resistance
- Resistant to dirt accumulation and easy to clean
As a Release Film
- Excellent in release for thermoset blade manufacturing
- Clean release – no transfer of release material for fast finishing
- Available in matte finish to reduce part sanding
- Temperature resistance to 180 °C cure cycles
- Good tensile strength for fast, complete peel
- 3-D conformability
- Wind turbine blades – release and protective films
- Towers – protective films
- Nacelles – protective films
DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
Durable, polyvinyl fluoride films that are used as a long-lasting finish for surfaces exposed to harsh environments.
When used as a release liner DuPont™ Tedlar® PVF films provide clean and fast release from high temperature, complex molds.
Versatile acrylic adhesives developed for use in laminating Tedlar® PVF protective films to a variety of substrates.
RELATED USES AND APPLICATIONS
Tedlar® release films offer gas permeation resistance into and out of the sample bags, assuring sample integrity.
DuPont™ Tedlar® high temperature and chemical resistant properties make it ideal for use in high voltage electrical power applications.
Tedlar® release films help provide an ideal release for fiber-reinforced polymer (FRP) and carbon-fiber-reinforced polymer (CFRP) composites.