DuPont materials provide time-tested reliability for aircraft engine O-rings, gaskets, seals, washers and bushings to minimize unscheduled downtime and reduce operating costs.
DuPont™ Kalrez® O-rings, gaskets and custom seals stand up against jet fuel, engine lubrication oils, hydraulic fluids, rocket propellants and oxidizers—all in the presence of extreme temperatures.
Kalrez® perfluoroelastomer offers:
• Excellent thermal capability versus other elastomers
• Excellent chemical compatibility
• Low corrosion
DuPont™ Vespel® is the material of choice for bushings and washers that must perform in the high-temperature environment of aircraft engines. Components from variable vanes to torque box/bell crank linkage arms can benefit from the wear-resistant, low-friction properties of Vespel®. The key benefits of Vespel® include:
• High performance in environments in excess of 315°C
• Longer component life
• Weight savings over metal
• Lower friction than metal