Sterile Packaging: Start Sterile, Stay Sterile With Tyvek®
Tyvek® medical and pharmaceutical packaging provides durability, compatibility with a wide range of sterilization methods, and the highest microbial barrier of any breathable sterile packaging material.
DuPont™ Tyvek® medical and pharmaceutical packaging materials are an integral part of sterile packaging that helps protect drugs and medical devices—and the health of millions.
Tyvek® provides tear resistance, durability, breathability and superior microbial barrier to make sterile packaging which helps ensure medical devices that start sterile, stay sterile throughout their lifecycle.
Unlike medical-grade papers and films, Tyvek® is compatible with all of the most commonly used sterilization methods, including: ethylene oxide (EO), gamma, electron-beam, steam under controlled conditions and low temperature oxidative sterilization. The material science of Tyvek® enables sterilant gases and steam to penetrate and escape quickly.
Tyvek® has been a trusted choice for medical device and pharmaceutical manufacturers and specialized sterile packaging suppliers worldwide for decades. Because Tyvek® is produced according to ISO 14001, it can also be recycled, according to local regulations.
Select package attributes to search for specific cell descriptors from the MPTP test matrix. Your results will be available for you to download as a PDF.
Members of the DuPont Medical and Pharmaceutical Protection Team regularly participate in activities within a number of industry standards-setting organizations around the world. Links to these and other key industry organizations are provided here.
Product Data Sheets (4)
- DuPont™ Announces Tekni-Plex as a New Authorized Converter of Medical-Grade Tyvek® Styles
- DuPont Safety & Construction Invests Over $400 Million to Increase Tyvek® Capacity Growing Global Demand for Product Innovations Key Driver for Expansion
- DuPont Launches New DuPont™ Tyvek® 40L in China with Plans for Global Availability in 2018
- DuPont Celebrates 50th Anniversary of DuPont™ Tyvek®
- Bella the Bride to be Unveiled at MD&M East 2016 by Beacon Converters and DuPont Protection Solutions