We are looking for excellent fashion designs with Tyvek® material
DuPont explores and promotes creativity and design with Tyvek® fabric! 3 selected fashion designs will have the opportunity to showcase with us in Première Vision Paris, the international event for creative and eco-responsible fashion professionals, 4-6 July 2023.
About DuPont™ Tyvek® product
DuPont™ Tyvek® is a unique nonwoven material, made from high-density polyethylene ﬁbers – offers a portfolio of tough, durable sheet products that are stronger than paper and more cost-effective and versatile than fabrics. It has been used for protection, security and safety in a wide variety of industries and applications – building envelope, protective apparel, medical packaging, industrial packaging, for over 5 decades. Today, Tyvek® has been discovered as a trendy material for life-style consumer product design.
There are two different structures of Tyvek® used in graphics and consumer goods applications: paper-like hard structure and fabric-like soft structure. DuPont has also been collaborating with value chain partners to enhance the ﬂexibility of Tyvek® for product design, and enable the inﬁnite possibilities in color, shape and structure of the products. More and more global retail and consumer brands have launched products designed with Tyvek® material that focus on environmental protection and lifestyle and sustainability.
- First day for participations: 22 May 2023 (1.59 PM UTC)
- Last day for participations: 9 June 2023 (1.59 PM UTC)
- Evaluation phase: 12 - 15 June 2023
- Winner announcement: 16 June 2023
- Participation and submission
- Post images or videos of your fashion and accessory designs with Tyvek® material and a description of the design concept, with #discovertyvek, by tagging @tyvekdesign on Instagram.
- Instagram account that shares the post must be public.
- Participation is free of charge and open to designers and creative talents of any nationality aged 18 years or older.
- Participants can share one or more designs.
Shared designs would be reviewed and voted upon by DuPont. 3 winning designs among the submissions will be selected according to the published selection criteria.
- Selection criteria
- Demonstrating creativity in Fashion, design and concept
- Innovative way to use Tyvek
- Aesthetics of form and shape
- Graphical communication
- Colors and color options
- Emotional values
- Social context
- Targeted segment relevance
- Surprise element
- Publication prohibitions - In the following cases, shared designs will not be considered:
- Designs produced without using Tyvek® products
- Illegal, slanderous, defamatory, offensive, fraudulent, pornographic, sexually explicit, threatening material or material violating privacy or the rights of the person, the parties involved or any third party
- Material which may represent, encourage or provide instructions for a crime or which may violate state, national or international laws
- Material violating the rights of industrial property or intellectual property of any person
- Designs copied from the one published by another designer
- Material containing Personal Data of third parties, including the following ones in a not detailed way, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, fiscal codes and credit card numbers
- Virus, malware or other hazardous files
- Participants Agreement
- By participation to this project, participant grants DuPont de Nemours, Inc. and its affiliates or successors (“DuPont”) to use, reproduce, publish and/or exhibit the images of the submitted design works (“the Work”) in its owned media, and to display the Work in Première Vision Paris and for promotion and publicity purposes in media, and irrevocably authorizes DuPont to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish, use or distribute the photograph(s), video(s) or other digital reproduction(s) of the Work for any lawful purpose. “Media” for purposes of this Release shall include but is not limited to: social media, television broadcasts and rebroadcasts, newspapers, magazines, books (both paper and electronic), videos, and electronic databases.
- Participant warrants that it has the right to grant all copy rights of the Work and it will not infringe on the rights of any third party.
Note: All decisions are final. DuPont reserves all the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this promotion.