Proven Engineering Thermoplastics for Your Toughest Challenges
DuPont thermoplastics offer high-quality performance materials, backed by a skilled global team focused on collaborative application development.
DuPont is working with customers to make thermoplastics better. From better products and processes to better business and social outcomes, DuPont performance materials and applications resources are focused on making things better at every point in the value chain.
Whether the challenge is durability, stiffness, workability, finish or strength, our broad range of thermoplastics support design freedom, without sacrificing performance. And our application resources are equally mindful of performance, timing and cost-effectiveness with each project, in industries from automotive to electronics, consumer goods to industrial markets.
Wherever you have engineering, molding or manufacturing operations, DuPont is ready to help, with locally based technical support in 65 countries and production/compounding sites strategically placed in Asia, Europe and the Americas.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Chassis suspension Systems
- Mobile Phone Housing & Components
- Medical Device Materials
- Photovoltaic Panels and Parts
- Zytel® Nylon Polymer
- Hytrel® Thermoplastic Elastomer
- Surlyn® Ionomer Resin
- Consumer Electronics
- Thermoplastic Tubing and Elastomeric Hose
- Automotive - Engine Covers/Housings
- DuPont™ Hytrel® key to Niagara Foot™
- Hytrel® Ski Boot Collar
- Capless Fuel Filler Locks Out Wrong Nozzles
- Delrin® Homopolymer Outperforms Acetal Copolymer
Hytrel® for Medical Tubing
Hytrel® fulfills plastic medical tubing requirements for flexibility, compliance with purity standards, toughness & resistance to flex fatigue, to a wide range of chemicals, and to traditional medical sterilization procedures.
- Headlight bezels made from Crastin®
- Protecting Drivers With Zytel® RS
- Zytel® HTN for Electronic Devices
- Polymers for Better Injection Devices
- Durable Rail Pads for Freight Lines
Hub Bushings For Copiers
Hub bushings designed using DuPont™ Vespel® and Minlon® keep copiers running smoothly.
- Office Seating Uses Flexible Plastic
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Part One - Plastics Industry Trends & Issues
Buy Vespel® Custom Parts & Stock Shapes
For Vespel® Custom Parts, DuPont engineers work with part designers to customize the production method and material for desired end-use results. DuPont engineers may recommend fabricating a finished part from Authentic Vespel® stock shapes for prototypes, small quantities or complex geometries.
- Plastic Design
Powerplant Coolant Systems
PPA materials offer great resistance to hydrolysis and moisture and they are relied upon for cost effective applications such as water inlets/outlets, thermostat housings, water pumps and impellers
PA long chain nylon alternatives
DuPont has been working on PA12 alternatives and has established global development and supply teams to work with customers to quickly qualify alternative materials for use in many automotive and industrial components.
- Powering Sustainable Mobility
Zytel® PLUS Performance Data
Zytel® PLUS nylon has the ability to retain properties after heat aging or long term exposure to hot oil and hot water, allows longer part service time, better reliability, and invites more opportunity to replace costly metals or specialty polymers to reduce part cost and lower mass.
- EIS Selector Tool
- Crastin® Hydrolysis Resistant Grades
- CV Joint Boot Performance
- Environmental Communication
- Polymer Technology