DuPont has developed a unique seal design to improve seal life in dovetail grooves. This design benefits from the excellent chemical, thermal and plasma resistance of DuPont™ Kalrez® perfluoroelastomer parts with a unique cross-sectional trilobe seal that eliminates many of the problems associated with semi-dynamic seal applications using a dovetail groove. These problems include installation difficulties as well as short seal life and particle generation due to seal wear and degradation.
Features and Benefits
- Molded notch makes installation a snap
- Reduces installation time.
- Avoids improper installation.
- Geometry interlocks in groove to prevent seal from rolling and twisting during installation.
- Bottom lobes lock seal in place to resist pullout and movement during actuation.
- Seal parting lines are maintained below the flange surface, eliminating direct exposure to plasma or process chemicals.
- Seal design and compound selection combine to yield reduced particle generation and significantly increase seal life.
- Slit valve doors
- Gate valves
- Semi-dynamic sealing applications that utilize a dovetail groove configuration
- Molds have already been developed for a number of common slit valve door seal part sizes.
- A DuPont™ Kalrez® TriLobe™ seal can be developed to fit any size dovetail groove.
- The Kalrez® TriLobe™ seal is available in a variety of compounds.