Better, Stronger and Safer with Kevlar® Fiber
It’s about daring bigger, pushing limits, being courageous, and helping keep people safe —DuPont™ Kevlar®.
DuPont™ Kevlar® aramid fiber allows people to Dare Bigger. It’s used to make a variety of clothing, accessories, and equipment safe and cut resistant. It’s lightweight, durable and extraordinarily strong. Yes, it’s best known for its use in ballistic and stab-resistant body armor, as Kevlar® brand aramid fiber continues to evolve and allow heroes to be heroes. But it’s also on the ski slopes, the switchback trails, in demanding desert terrain, even the outer limits of space.
Invented almost 50 years ago, DuPont™ Kevlar® continues to take on new challenges, with our scientists continuously innovating and working on a range of new opportunities through collaborations with communities, industrial manufacturers, and governments. Together we’re bringing the strength, durability and performance of Kevlar® to new frontiers. Kevlar® aramid fiber is pushing boundaries and defying obstacles every day. Kevlar® is allowing everyone to Dare Bigger™.
- DuPont and Reebok Collaborate on New Reebok CrossFit® Collection
- DuPont™ Kevlar® Sponsors ESPN’s X Games Austin 2015
- DuPont™ Kevlar® Kicks off 50th Anniversary
- MCR Safety Launches New Glove with DuPont™ Kevlar®
- Bold Brand Campaign for DuPont™ Kevlar® Kicks-Off with ESPN X Games
DuPont, LION Collaborate to Better Protect Firefighters and First Responders
DuPont and LION have collaborated on a new offering for firefighters and first responders: gear that protects, from the inside-out with the most advanced blends of DuPont™ Kevlar® filament and DuPont™ Nomex® and Kevlar® staple. LION, a global leader in protective gear for first responders, was the first company to adopt new Kevlar® products in blends with Nomex® to provide maximum protection.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Tactical Vests – Law Enforcement
- Conveyor Belts for Mining
- Reebok® Crossfit® Gear made with Kevlar®
- Industrial Safety
- Military Body Armor
- Safe and durable protective motorcycle apparel
- Aerospace, Marine, & Rail
- Consumer Products made with Kevlar®
- Kevlar® for stronger Brake Pads, Clutches and Gaskets
- Firefighter Gear & Turnout Gear
- Marine Composites
- Military Helmets
DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- Industrial Gloves made with Kevlar®
- Kevlar® XP™ technology for Soft Body Armor
- Nomex® & Kevlar® Firefighter Apparel
- Belts made with Kevlar® K29 AP
- Kevlar® Fibers
- Kevlar® Cut Technology
- Kevlar® AP
- Kevlar® Comfort XLT ™
- Kevlar® Aramid Pulp
- Kevlar® KM2® Plus
- Vehicle Armor Made with Kevlar® fiber
- Kevlar® XP™ for Hard Armor Technology
- Five Years of Innovation in Reebok Crossfit® Nano 5.0
- DuPont Kevlar® Conveyor Belt Carcass
Fuel Hose & Tubing Solutions
Products from DuPont, including DuPont™ Viton®, DuPont™ Teflon®, DuPont™ Kevlar®, and DuPont™ Hypalon®, help improve F200 fuel hose and tubing performance, for proven gains in permeation resistance in automobiles.
Case Study: Cooling System Hoses
DuPont™ Vamac® and DuPont™ Kevlar® work together to help create cooling system hoses with exceptional strength, chemical resistance, and durability in automobiles.