Better, Stronger and Safer with Kevlar® Fiber
It’s about daring bigger, pushing limits, being courageous, and helping keep people safe —DuPont™ Kevlar®.
DuPont™ Kevlar® aramid fiber allows people to Dare Bigger. It’s used to make a variety of clothing, accessories, and equipment safe and cut resistant. It’s lightweight, durable and extraordinarily strong. Yes, it’s best known for its use in ballistic and stab-resistant body armor, as Kevlar® brand aramid fiber continues to evolve and allow heroes to be heroes. But it’s also on the ski slopes, the switchback trails, in demanding desert terrain, even the outer limits of space.
Invented over 50 years ago, DuPont™ Kevlar® continues to take on new challenges, with our scientists continuously innovating and working on a range of new opportunities through collaborations with communities, industrial manufacturers, and governments. Together we’re bringing the strength, durability and performance of Kevlar® to new frontiers. Kevlar® aramid fiber is pushing boundaries and defying obstacles every day. Kevlar® is allowing everyone to Dare Bigger™.
- DuPont Protection Solutions Enters New Partnership for DuPont™ Kevlar® and Nitro Circus
- DuPont Protection Solutions, Matching Performance to Threats with Enhanced DuPont™ Kevlar® XP and XD Technology Platforms
- IACP/DuPont™ Kevlar® Survivors’ Club® Inducts 27 Officers in 2016
- DuPont Protection Solutions collaborates with Belkin on premium line of cables built with DuPont™ Kevlar®
- DuPont Protection Solutions announces 2016 Winners of DuPont™ Kevlar® Innovation Award
- IACP/DuPont™ Kevlar® Survivors’ Club® Celebrates 2016 Honoree of the Year
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Tactical Vests – Law Enforcement
- Conveyor Belts for Mining
- Reebok® Crossfit® Gear made with Kevlar®
- Industrial Safety
- Military Body Armor
- Safe and durable protective motorcycle apparel
- Aerospace, Marine, & Rail
- Consumer Products made with Kevlar®
- Kevlar® for stronger Brake Pads, Clutches and Gaskets
- Firefighter Gear & Turnout Gear
- Marine Composites
- Adhesives, Sealants, & Coatings
DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- Industrial Gloves made with Kevlar®
- Kevlar® XP™ technology for Soft Body Armor
- Nomex® & Kevlar® Firefighter Apparel
- Belts made with Kevlar® K29 AP
- Kevlar® Fibers
- Kevlar® Cut Technology
- Kevlar® AP
- Kevlar® Aramid Pulp
- Kevlar® KM2® Plus
- Kevlar® XP™ for Hard Armor Technology
- Vehicle Armor Made with Kevlar® fiber
Kevlar® Thermal Protection Products Gloves & Sleeves
For hot surface contact hazards present in metal and glass forming foundries, DuPont created terry cloth made of Kevlar® fibre for use in heat-resistant gloves. Heavyweight gloves and mitts composed of 100% Kevlar® terry cloth and Kevlar® blends help offer a high level of protection for high-heat applications.
- Five Years of Innovation in Reebok Crossfit® Nano 5.0
- DuPont Kevlar® Conveyor Belt Carcass
Fuel Hose & Tubing Solutions
Products from DuPont, including DuPont™ Viton®, DuPont™ Teflon®, DuPont™ Kevlar®, and DuPont™ Hypalon®, help improve F200 fuel hose and tubing performance, for proven gains in permeation resistance in automobiles.
Case Study: Cooling System Hoses
DuPont™ Vamac® and DuPont™ Kevlar® work together to help create cooling system hoses with exceptional strength, chemical resistance, and durability in automobiles.