Sterile Packaging: Start Sterile, Stay Sterile With Tyvek®
Tyvek® medical and pharmaceutical packaging provides durability, compatibility with a wide range of sterilization methods, and the highest microbial barrier of any breathable sterile packaging material.
DuPont™ Tyvek® medical and pharmaceutical packaging materials are an integral part of sterile packaging that helps protect drugs and medical devices—and the health of millions.
Tyvek® provides tear resistance, durability, breathability and superior microbial barrier to make sterile packaging which helps ensure medical devices that start sterile, stay sterile throughout their lifecycle.
Unlike medical-grade papers and films, Tyvek® is compatible with all of the most commonly used sterilization methods, including: ethylene oxide (EO), gamma, electron-beam, steam under controlled conditions and low temperature oxidative sterilization. The material science of Tyvek® enables sterilant gases and steam to penetrate and escape quickly.
Tyvek® has been a trusted choice for medical device and pharmaceutical manufacturers and specialized sterile packaging suppliers worldwide for decades. Because Tyvek® is produced according to ISO 14001, it can also be recycled, according to local regulations.
Product Data Sheets (4)
- DuPont Safety & Construction Invests Over $400 Million to Increase Tyvek® Capacity Growing Global Demand for Product Innovations Key Driver for Expansion
- DuPont Launches New DuPont™ Tyvek® 40L in China with Plans for Global Availability in 2018
- DuPont Celebrates 50th Anniversary of DuPont™ Tyvek®
- Bella the Bride to be Unveiled at MD&M East 2016 by Beacon Converters and DuPont Protection Solutions
- DuPont Announces 2016 (28th) Packaging Innovation Award Winners
- DuPont Announces 2015 (27th) Packaging Innovation Award Winners