Extreme protection for extreme environments
Industrial workers work with and around hazardous particles and chemical vapors and liquids every day. DuPont scientists evaluated the hazards and came up with solutions for personal protective clothing that offers durability, comfort and uncompromised protection that doesn’t wear away, as is the case with many other protective materials.
The DuPont™ Tychem® range helps offer chemical protection against an exceptionally broad range of dangers—even pressurized chemicals. The DuPont™ Tyvek® range resists a wide array of low-pressurized, water-based low-concentration chemicals and particles down to 1 micron in size.
Protection against hazardous materials
For the men and women who encounter hazardous materials on a daily basis, the job site can be just as dangerous as any battlefield. DuPont has developed HAZMAT garments and biohazard suits to help protect against the chemical and biological hazards they face at work. DuPont has utilized rigorous testing and attention to detail in the development of Tychem® brand chemical protective garments—used by HAZMAT responders, law enforcement officers, hospital first receivers and military personnel for protection against chemical and biological hazards. This family of garments helps protect against a variety of hazards—from light liquid splash to heavy exposures of industrial chemicals and warfare agents. Whether on the front lines or behind the scenes, we believe that every worker deserves to be safe.
Tychem® biohazard suits and garments
DuPont provides a wide range of chemical protective clothing and biohazard suits—along with their specifications—to meet a broad spectrum of needs.
• Tychem® 2000 provides at least 30 minutes of protection against 42 chemical challenges. Tychem® 2000 is used for light splash protection in a variety of industrial environments, including petroleum refining, pulp and paper manufacturing, food processing, chemical processing, and pharmaceutical manufacturing.
•Tychem® 2000 SFR provides chemical and secondary flame protection in a lightweight garment. Tychem® 2000 SFR garments are intended to be worn over primary flame resistant garments, such as DuPont™ Nomex®.
•Tychem® 4000 delivers effective protection against a range of chemical environments. Tychem® 4000, utilizes Saranex™ 23-P film laminated to Tyvek® fabric to provide a rugged and durable fabric that resists abrasion.
•Tychem® 6000 garments are made of a proprietary barrier film laminated to a Tyvek® substrate. The fabric provides at least 30 minutes of protection against over 180 challenge chemicals including chemical warfare agents and toxic industrial chemicals.
•Tychem® 6000 FR offers a single layer garment that provides triple hazard protection from liquid-chemical splash, flash fire, and electric arc. Tychem® 6000 FR garments are designed to combine the trusted chemical protection of Tychem® and thermal/arc protection of Nomex® into a single layer garment.
•Tychem® 10000 suits are available in high-visibility lime yellow with Level A design. Tychem® 10000 is specifically developed for protection against toxic, corrosive gases, liquids, and solid chemicals. This high-performance chemical barrier fabric is suited for industrial, HazMat, and domestic preparedness applications.
• Tychem® 2000 coveralls with taped seams offer lightweight protection and are available in high-visibility yellow or low-visibility gray for discretionary purposes.
• Tychem® 5000 is available in a variety of designs including coveralls, aprons and jacket/bib overall combos, all with taped seams. Available in tan for discretionary purposes.
• Tychem® 9000 suits are available as coveralls and encapsulating suits with taped seams. Available in high-visibility yellow. Select styles are certified to NFPA 1994, the Standard on Protective Ensembles for First Responders to CBRN Terrorism Incidents.
• Tychem® 10000 suits are available in high-visibility lime yellow with Level A design. Select styles are certified to NFPA 1994, the Standard on Protective Ensembles for First Responders to CBRN Terrorism Incidents.
Tyvek® protective apparel
Tyvek® helps offer an ideal balance of protection, durability and comfort to employees in industrial applications and contamination control environments, including manufacturing, pharmaceutical, automotive and utilities.
Tyvek®/Tychem® chemical protection for military & law enforcement
Many military and police scenarios call for effective chemical protection—and DuPont provides it with its Tyvek® and Tychem® PPE.