Always click refresh to display the latest information.
March 14, 2017
Updated at 7:45 p.m. EST
This message is applicable until superseded.
All Wilmington-Area Sites will be open under normal operating schedules on Wednesday, March 15, 2017.
These sites include:
- Chestnut Run Plaza
- Experimental Station Labs
- Stine-Haskell Research Center
Employees are responsible for their own safety and should discuss options with their leadership BEFORE their commute to work if they feel they may need to adjust their workday schedule based on their personal situation. For available inclement weather pay work options, see the Wilmington Area Inclement Pay Policy.
Personnel should plan ahead and heed the following tips for safe travel into work:
- Wear appropriate winter footwear that is well-insulated, waterproof, has a nonslip, thick sole and a wide, low heel.
- Watch the first step out your door. It may be slippery!
- Use caution on your way to work. Take time preparing yourself for snow removal activities.
- Use primary roads on your commute. The conditions of secondary and city streets may not be as good as primary roadways.
- Step down, not out. When getting out of your car, swing both legs out of the door, place both feet on the ground, flat-footed and grab onto the door frame or steering wheel to support you as you stand up. Use at least three points of contact, two feet and one hand.
- Use main walkways versus secondary walkways which may not be cleared.
- Test your travel path for slickness by sliding your shoe or boot on it before proceeding.
To Report Unsafe Conditions On Site:
Chestnut Run (CRP)
- Contact FACT 999-2000 (7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.) Mon - Fri
- Contact SECURITY 999-2200 (after hours)
Experimental Station (ESL)
- Contact SECURITY 695-2200
- Contact SECURITY 366-5550
For up-to-date weather information and road-conditions, click on the following links:
For the latest information regarding the status of the sites, employees can call 77-4INFO (774-4636) or 1-800-988-2482 (toll-free) or by logging onto www.774INFO.com. (Please remember to hit the Refresh Button to get the latest updates.)
It’s not too late to register in the DuPont Emergency Notification System (DENS).
Click on this link: DuPont Emergency Notification System (DENS)