DuPont Healthcare Products Help Advance Better Healthcare
From non-porous durable surfaces that help create safer healthcare environments to packaging materials that help maintain the sterility of medical devices and supplies, DuPont products are helping to advance better healthcare.
At DuPont, the Science of Protection has evolved over two centuries. We have put that science to work to develop a broad range of healthcare products and high-performance materials that are helping to advance better healthcare and improve the lives of people around the world. So whether you are looking for healthcare products that offer a better way to help protect against the spread of infection in healthcare facilities, need advanced materials to help in the development of an innovative medical device or want a medical fabric that helps keep healthcare professionals protected and comfortable in the operating room, look to DuPont.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Tyvek® vs. Medical-Grade Papers
- Medical Packaging Design Essentials
- Rigorous Quality Control
Meeting Regulatory Requirements
DuPont™ Tyvek® medical and pharmaceutical packaging styles comply with the materials portion of ISO 11607-1:2006(R)2010 and meet all the acceptable performance criteria for bio-compatibility and other regulatory requirements.
- Start Sterile, Stay Sterile
Tyvek® Retains Sterility after Aging
After terminal sterilization, Tyvek® can maintain the sterility of medical devices for at least five years, enhancing the sustainability of a medical product because it can be stored for long periods with no need to re-sterilize or re-package.
- Low Lint Means Reduced Risk
- Measuring Properties of Tyvek®
- Tyvek® Resists Punctures
- Wet or Dry, Tyvek® Outperforms Paper
- Heat Sealing Guidelines
- Guidelines for Printing on Tyvek®
Respiratory Drug Unit Dose Packaging
DuPont™ 20 series resins are proven for use in unit dose packaging for medications used for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma and listed in FDA Drug Master Files.
Salonpas Foil Packaging
Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co. uses DuPont™ Surlyn® in its foil packaging to prevent delamination caused by the active ingredients in its Salonpas pain relief patch.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Lidstock for Thermoformed Trays
- Biomedical Device Electronics
- Printed Materials for Patient Monitoring and Warming
- Blood Glucose Test Strips
- Electrochemical Biosensors
- Protective, Clean Peel Pouches
- Tyvek® Roll Stock for Form-Fill-Seal
- Custom Medical Packaging Solutions
- Syringe Packaging with Tyvek®
- Tyvek® for Steam Sterilizable Bags
- Cleanroom Applications
- Tyvek® for Header Bags