DuPont Healthcare Products Help Advance Better Healthcare
From non-porous durable surfaces that help create safer healthcare environments to packaging materials that help maintain the sterility of medical devices and supplies, DuPont products are helping to advance better healthcare.
At DuPont, the Science of Protection has evolved over two centuries. We have put that science to work to develop a broad range of healthcare products and high-performance materials that are helping to advance better healthcare and improve the lives of people around the world. So whether you are looking for healthcare products that offer a better way to help protect against the spread of infection in healthcare facilities, need advanced materials to help in the development of an innovative medical device or want a medical fabric that helps keep healthcare professionals protected and comfortable in the operating room, look to DuPont.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- A new method for measuring porous microbial barrier s: Part II A closer look at ASTM international standard test m ethod F2638
- Technical Information - Test Results for DuPont™ Tyvek®
- How Small Is Small? The Effects of Pinholes on Medical Packaging
- A new method for measuring porous microbial barrier s: Part I The work behind ASTM International Standard Test Me thod F2638
- Tyvek® vs. Medical-Grade Papers
- Medical Packaging Design Essentials
- DuPont unveiling third-generation Tyvek® Cargo Cover at the 'LogiPharma' supply chain event in Montreux 19th - 21st April 2016
Lab Chosen for Package Testing
DuPont Medical and Pharmaceutical Protection selected Nelson Laboratories as the independent testing lab that will perform the medical package testing for the DuPont™ Tyvek® Medical Packaging Transition Project (MPTP).
- Measuring Properties of Tyvek®
- Heat Sealing Guidelines
- Guidelines for Printing on Tyvek®
- Low Lint Means Reduced Risk
Foam Packaging Alternative
Coldpack’s Airliner thermally insulated pouch is a foam packaging alternative for shipping temperature-sensitive products, made with three DuPont resins.
Respiratory Drug Unit Dose Packaging
DuPont™ 20 series resins are proven for use in unit dose packaging for medications used for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma and listed in FDA Drug Master Files.
Salonpas Foil Packaging
Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co. uses DuPont™ Surlyn® in its foil packaging to prevent delamination caused by the active ingredients in its Salonpas pain relief patch.
STERIS Corporation Case Study
Read the DuPont Sustainable Solutions (DSS) case study on STERIS Corporation to see how they are working today for a safer tomorrow.
- DuPont™ Hytrel® key to Niagara Foot™
Hytrel® for Medical Tubing
Hytrel® fulfills plastic medical tubing requirements for flexibility, compliance with purity standards, toughness & resistance to flex fatigue, to a wide range of chemicals, and to traditional medical sterilization procedures.
- Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital
- Gundersen Health Systems
- Angie Fowler Cancer Institute
- Ronald McDonald House
- Surgery Clinic in Taiwan
- Scottish Rite Hospital Design
DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- Tyvek® 1073B
DuPont™ Surlyn® sealant resin provides excellent clarity, hot tack, heat seal, and toughness for packaging a variety of foods, as well as pharmaceuticals, household cleaners, and personal care products.
- Hytrel® RS renewably sourced thermoplastic polyester elastomer
- Zytel® HTN high performance polyamide
- Tyvek® 1059B
- Tyvek® 2FS™
Surlyn® for Medical Device Packaging
DuPont™ Surlyn® for thermoforming film provides excellent clarity and formability, making it a cost-effective solution for sterilized medical device packaging.
- Tyvek® Cargo Covers
- Zytel® PA nylon resin
- Zytel® LCPA resin
- SureStep™ and Dura-Trac™
- Sierra™ Masks
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Lidstock for Thermoformed Trays
- Electrochemical Biosensors
- Biomedical Device Electronics
- Blood Glucose Test Strips
- Tedlar® is an Ideal Protection Material for Architectural Substrates
- Printed Materials for Patient Monitoring and Warming
- Medical Device Materials
Zodiaq® for Healthcare
With hospital interior design, the first concern is safety. Nonporous, easy to maintain and extremely strong, Zodiaq® quartz surface is highly suitable for important healthcare applications, such as receptions desks.
- Custom Medical Packaging Solutions
- Tyvek® Roll Stock for Form-Fill-Seal
- Protective, Clean Peel Pouches
- Syringe Packaging with Tyvek®