Continuing a 200-year History of Safety and Protection
In the face of the ever-increasing global industrialization, DuPont continues to improve upon its materials and standards that help keep all of us safe in the toughest conditions.
Growing populations, mounting pressures, rising hostilities, inhospitable surroundings — these are the harsh realities of living in the world today. That’s why DuPont takes safety and protection so seriously. We innovate and collaborate with companies, governments, industrial manufacturers, and academics to develop and test a wide range of materials, like DuPont™ Kevlar® aramid fiber for ballistic and cut protection, DuPont™ Tyvek® for general industrial protection, DuPont™ Tychem® for industrial chemical and chemical warfare agent protection , and DuPont™ Nomex® flame resistant fiber for fire dangers.
We also continue to higher our standards — by helping to improve workplace culture and safety performance to meet the expansion of global industrialization. Our Sustainable Solutions business leads the transformation of workplaces and work cultures around the world to become safer, more efficient, and environmentally sustainable. Our safety consultants can also help improve performance, develop employee skills, and minimize risk.
While no company can solve the world’s protection problems alone, DuPont is proving that, by working together, we can all increase our chances for living on a safer planet.
- DuPont Protection Technologies Reaffirms Commitment to Defend Aggressively Against Trademark Infringement and Counterfeiting
- DuPont Protection Technologies Announces 2015 Winners of DuPont™ Kevlar® Glove Innovation Awards
- DuPont™ Kevlar® Kicks off 50th Anniversary
- MCR Safety Launches New Glove with DuPont™ Kevlar®
- DuPont Launches Next-Generation Multi-Hazard Protection – Nomex® MHP
- Bold Brand Campaign for DuPont™ Kevlar® Kicks-Off with ESPN X Games
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Tactical Vests – Law Enforcement
- Conveyor Belts for Mining
- Cleanroom Applications
- Industrial Safety
- Military Body Armor
- Safe and durable protective motorcycle apparel
- Military Thermal Protection
- Racing Protection with DuPont™ Nomex®
Chemical Protection for Military
DuPont offers garments that help provide chemical protection for a host of different military hazards. See which Tyvek® and Tychem® garments offer the chemical protection needed for situations such as initial entry, victim rescue, release mitigation, evidence collection, body removal, and site cleanup.
- Biological Hazard Protection
- Firefighter Gear & Turnout Gear
- Fire Protection
- DuPont Kevlar® AP for Hoses - Taiwanese hose manufacturer improves safety of high-pressure hoses
Flash Fire Hazard Case History
A refinery worker flash fire experience showcases how inherently flame-resistant DuPont™ Nomex® fiber can help save lives.
Hindustan Unilever Ltd. Case Study
Read the DuPont Sustainable Solutions (DSS) case study on Hindustan Unilever Ltd. to see how they lead corporate culture transformation through behavior safety.
London Underground Case Study
Read the DuPont Sustainable Solutions (DSS) case study on London Underground to see how visible management commitment is the key to managing risk.
Los Angeles County MTA Case Study
Read the DuPont Sustainable Solutions (DSS) case study on Los Angeles County MTA to see how they partnered for safety and savings.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Second Chance Introduces One of the Thinnest & Most Flexible Vests
- Lab Safety at University of California
- Protecting Those Who Protect Us
Thermal Regulations Overview
DuPont offers an overview of the typical regulation hazard codes and the leading thermal regulations impacting personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Better Protection for Protectors
A Catalyst for Transformation
Read the DuPont Sustainable Solutions brochure on using real-world expertise in consulting services and technology licensing to help transform businesses
- Raising Safety Standards for Employees
Webcast: Improving Automotive Efficiency
Learn how advanced reinforcement materials such as DuPont™ Kevlar® and Nomex® can be used to design higher performance components in charge air cooler systems, enabling advantages in engine and vehicle efficiency.
The DSS Consulting Philosophy
Read about the DuPont Sustainable Solutions (DSS) consulting philosophy and learn more about transformational business solutions informed by years of practical experience.
- Understanding Cut Protection
Relative Culture Strength
Read the DuPont Sustainable Solutions (DSS) article on world-class sustainable safety performance and Relative Culture Strength.
Better Safety Monitoring
Download the DuPont Sustainable Solutions (DSS) market study and research paper to learn more about safety monitoring and workplace safety incidents in Europe.