Continuing a 200-year History of Safety and Protection
In the face of the ever-increasing global industrialization, DuPont continues to improve upon its materials and standards that help keep all of us safe in the toughest conditions.
Growing populations, mounting pressures, rising hostilities, inhospitable surroundings — these are the harsh realities of living in the world today. That’s why DuPont takes safety and protection so seriously. We innovate and collaborate with companies, governments, industrial manufacturers, and academics to develop and test a wide range of materials, like DuPont™ Kevlar® aramid fiber for ballistic and cut protection, DuPont™ Tyvek® for general industrial protection, DuPont™ Tychem® for industrial chemical and chemical warfare agent protection , and DuPont™ Nomex® flame resistant fiber for fire dangers.
We also continue to higher our standards — by helping to improve workplace culture and safety performance to meet the expansion of global industrialization. Our Sustainable Solutions business leads the transformation of workplaces and work cultures around the world to become safer, more efficient, and environmentally sustainable. Our safety consultants can also help improve performance, develop employee skills, and minimize risk.
While no company can solve the world’s protection problems alone, DuPont is proving that, by working together, we can all increase our chances for living on a safer planet.
- DuPont Protection Technologies Announces 2015 Winners of DuPont™ Kevlar® Glove Innovation Awards
- DuPont Protection Solutions announces 2016 Winners of DuPont™ Kevlar® Innovation Award
- DuPont Protection Solutions Expands Research on Tensylon® Armor Solutions
- MCR Safety Launches New Glove with DuPont™ Kevlar®
- DuPont Launches Next-Generation Multi-Hazard Protection – Nomex® MHP
- Bold Brand Campaign for DuPont™ Kevlar® Kicks-Off with ESPN X Games
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Tactical Vests – Law Enforcement
- Electrical Insulation
- Conveyor Belts for Mining
- Industrial Safety
- Tyvek® for Automotive Painting
- Tyvek® for Painting Applications
- Military Body Armor
- Cleanroom Applications
- Consumer Products made with Kevlar®
- Safe and durable protective motorcycle apparel
- Military Thermal Protection
- Biological Hazard Protection
- DuPont Kevlar® AP for Hoses - Taiwanese hose manufacturer improves safety of high-pressure hoses
Flash Fire Hazard Case History
A refinery worker flash fire experience showcases how inherently flame-resistant DuPont™ Nomex® fiber can help save lives.
MTA Metro North Railroad Case Study
Read the DuPont Sustainable Solutions (DSS) case study to see how safety culture change yields sustainable improvements at MTA Metro North Railroad.
London Underground Case Study
Read the DuPont Sustainable Solutions (DSS) case study on London Underground to see how visible management commitment is the key to managing risk.
Los Angeles County MTA Case Study
Read the DuPont Sustainable Solutions (DSS) case study on Los Angeles County MTA to see how they partnered for safety and savings.
Hindustan Unilever Ltd. Case Study
Read the DuPont Sustainable Solutions (DSS) case study on Hindustan Unilever Ltd. to see how they lead corporate culture transformation through behavior safety.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Second Chance Introduces One of the Thinnest & Most Flexible Vests
- Lab Safety at University of California
- Protecting Those Who Protect Us
Thermal Regulations Overview
DuPont offers an overview of the typical regulation hazard codes and the leading thermal regulations impacting personal protective equipment (PPE).
The DSS Consulting Philosophy
Read about the DuPont Sustainable Solutions (DSS) consulting philosophy and learn more about transformational business solutions informed by years of practical experience.
A Catalyst for Transformation
Read the DuPont Sustainable Solutions brochure on using real-world expertise in consulting services and technology licensing to help transform businesses
- Better Protection for Protectors
- DuPont unveiling third-generation Tyvek® Cargo Cover at the 'LogiPharma' supply chain event in Montreux 19th - 21st April 2016
- Raising Safety Standards for Employees
Webcast: Improving Automotive Efficiency
Learn how advanced reinforcement materials such as DuPont™ Kevlar® and Nomex® can be used to design higher performance components in charge air cooler systems, enabling advantages in engine and vehicle efficiency.
- Understanding Cut Protection
Brief summary of the US EPA's (Environmental Protection Agency) "Level's of Protection (LOP)" as applicable to those individuals involved in handling hazardous materials. LOP's are based on the type of respiratory protection required to ensure the safety of the user under the specified conditions of use.