Our end-to-end, global design and development expertise and broad product portfolio lead to innovative, cost-effective packaging solutions.
DuPont collaborates with equipment manufacturers, converters, brand owners and retailers to develop application-specific packaging solutions. Our packaging technologies range from packaging resins and sealants to anti-counterfeit solutions, non-woven substrates, and grease-resistant coatings.
Key benefits of DuPont packaging solutions include: seal integrity across a broad range of temperatures and difficult conditions, controlled adhesion for peelable seals, bonding dissimilar materials, microbial barriers that maintain sterility, and barrier resin properties that preserve freshness and extend shelf life.
Our end-to-end approach helps customers create cost-effective, high-performance packaging that meets consumer demand for safe products that reduce waste.
DuPont™ Surlyn® delivers the strength, stiffness, and extrudability film converters require for packaging downgauging and to optimize use of petroleum-based materials.
Enhance consumer packaging shelf appeal with lightweight, cost-effective DuPont™ Surlyn® for skin and stretchpackaging films, a great alternative to blister and clamshell packaging.
- Announcing 2016 DuPont Awards for Packaging Innovation Call for Entries
- DuPont Announces 2015 (27th) Packaging Innovation Award Winners
- Balenciaga Caps and Collars
- 26th (2014) DuPont Packaging Awards Winners
- DuPont™ Surlyn® PC-2200 Launches at Luxe Pack 2015
DuPont, Plastics News Survey Finds What Keeps the Plastics Industry up at Night
WILMINGTON, Del., March 23, 2015 – As the tri-annual NPE opens today in Orlando, Fla, many of the 60,000 who registered are dealing with issues like the environment and sustainability, global competition and unstable oil prices, according to a survey of nearly 800 plastics industry professionals.
- Recycling Chemical Containers
Foam Packaging Alternative
Coldpack’s Airliner thermally insulated pouch is a foam packaging alternative for shipping temperature-sensitive products, made with three DuPont resins.
- Barrier Packaging for Baby Food
An Italian packaging converter uses DuPont™ Appeel® for a reliable, easy-to-peel, tamper-evident packaging solution for ice cream.
Salonpas Foil Packaging
Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co. uses DuPont™ Surlyn® in its foil packaging to prevent delamination caused by the active ingredients in its Salonpas pain relief patch.
- Sustainable Fruit Packaging
Ceramic Packaging for Meals
French ceramic container maker Poteries Malicornaises uses DuPont™ Nucrel® in ceramic packaging to successfully seal and protect ready-to-eat meals.
Surlyn® for Tool Skin Packaging
Toolmaker Greenfield Industries meets retailer demand for space-saving skin packaging by using DuPont™ Surlyn® and high-speed packaging equipment.
- Shelf Stable Packaging Using Appeel®
- Wine Closures Replace Cork
- Stand-Out Cereal Packaging
- Cheese Packaging
INFORMATION & IDEAS
Flexible Packaging Films SaVE Tool
The DuPont Packaging Sealant Value Estimator (SaVE) helps brand owners and converters evaluate the total costs of flexible packaging that relies on sealing solutions to help protect the contents.
- 2015 Global Food Security Index Shows Improvement
- Collaborating for Food Protection
- Tyvek® vs. Medical-Grade Papers
- Medical Packaging Design Essentials
- Tyvek® Plays Role in HAI Prevention
- Proven Microbial Barrier Protection
- Sustainability in Healthcare Packaging
- Sustainable Packaging Solutions
- Recyclable Packaging
Environmentally Friendly Packaging
DuPont innovations help manufacturers and designers create cost-effective, environmentally friendly packaging solutions.
Energy Saving Packaging Strategies
DuPont works with converters and brand owners to develop energy saving packaging solutions, from making production and shipping more efficient to reducing power costs.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Lidstock for Thermoformed Trays
- Seafood and Meat Packaging
- Beverage and Food Packaging Design
- Surlyn® for Polymer Modification
- Liquid Packaging Pouches
- Dry Food and Snack Packaging
- Dairy and Cheese Packaging
- Beverage Packaging and Containers
Plastic Closures for Beverages
DuPont™ Elvax® and other resins for beverage plastic closures maintain hermetic seals, preserve flavor, prevent leaks, and make caps and lids easy to open or peel off.
- Surlyn® 3D Containers