Electric, hybrid, autonomous – so many opportunities for great new power solutions
Electric motors are more compact, which leads to high-heat environments. They also contain many components and moving parts, which creates the potential for noise, vibration, and harshness. DuPont is focused on developing innovative solutions for addressing thermal management, durability, acoustics, and lightweighting.
Our solutions help improve reliability, performance, and manufacturing of EV inverter units and power modules.
Working collaboratively with our customers throughout the automotive value chain, DuPont is creating materials that enable improved:
• Thermal management and safety for parts in contact with high-voltage conductors
• High-temperature tolerance and durability in electrical and mechanical performance
• Retention of electrical and mechanical properties over temperature
• Fatigue and wear resistance
• Protection of motors and improved performance for insulation systems
• Dielectric strength over temperature in combination with flame retardancy
• Direct attachment of electronic circuitry onto aluminum heat sinks for electronic power assembly
Our adhesives enable super-fast charging for the Audi e-tron.
Our structural and glass bonding helped extend the TX5 range.