Higher Performing Powertrain & Engine System Components
The drive to reduce emissions and improve fuel economy is urgent, making every powertrain and engine system component a candidate to improve efficiency, integrate function, reduce weight and lower cost – areas where DuPont excels.
Materials play a critical role in helping to reduce emissions, boost fuel economy and improve efficiency in powertrain technologies. DuPont offers the broadest portfolio of materials capable of withstanding today’s harsh engine environments and the most experienced and global development staff to ensure solutions developed today are on the road tomorrow.
- Increasing performance in automotive air ducts and turbocharger hoses
- Leading the metals-to-plastics revolution in transmissions and driveline
- Enhanced durability for extreme environments for sealed engine covers
- Improving powertrain efficiency in charged air coolers
- Thermal management through lighter weight engine cooling systems
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Innovation Spotlight: DuPont™ Hytrel®
- Innovation Spotlight: DuPont™ Zytel® XT and DuPont™ Vamac®
- Innovation Spotlight: DuPont™ Zytel® and DuPont™ Delrin®
- Yazaki Underhood Electrical Center Saves Space, Adds Capacity
- Hot Gas Welding and Zytel® Give Bocar Competitive Edge
- Latching Refueling Valve with Low Friction Materials Saves Energy
Vespel® actuator guide bushings
Vespel® polyimide guide bushings for wastegate actuators provide consistent friction and low wear over the entire life of a turbocharger – even without lubrication in a hot, dirty environment.
- Mazda SKYACTIV-D boosted by DuPont plastics
- Bushings in New EGR Valve
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Vamac® Grade Selection
- Charge Air Coolers
Powerplant Coolant Systems
PPA materials offer great resistance to hydrolysis and moisture and they are relied upon for cost effective applications such as water inlets/outlets, thermostat housings, water pumps and impellers
- Powering Sustainable Mobility
Zytel® PLUS Performance Data
Zytel® PLUS nylon has the ability to retain properties after heat aging or long term exposure to hot oil and hot water, allows longer part service time, better reliability, and invites more opportunity to replace costly metals or specialty polymers to reduce part cost and lower mass.
- Supporting Sustainable Mobility
Innovative Ideas for Metal Replacement
DuPont collaborates with customers worldwide to develop innovative metal replacement applications to make cars, planes and other equipment more fuel- and cost-efficient.
- Bonded Piston Seals for Modern Engines
Flame-Resistant Technologies – FRT vs. Inherent
What are the differences between “inherent” and “treated” flame resistant fabrics? Learn how each fabric reacts when exposed to heat, and when flame-resistant properties can be removed.
- Engine Air Management White Paper
- Boost Automotive Performance
- Withstanding Hotter Running Engine