Kevlar® Aramid Pulp for Greater Performance in Vehicles
DuPont™ Kevlar® Aramid Pulp helps enhance performance through high temperature reinforcement and viscosity control.
DuPont™ Kevlar® aramid pulps are highly fibrillated chopped fibers that can be used as specialty additives to enhance performance by helping to provide excellent reinforcement and viscosity control under shear stress. Kevlar® Aramid Pulp is used in automotive brake pads, gaskets, and automatic transmission papers, and as a viscosity control additive for adhesives and sealants.
Kevlar®Aramid Pulp Properties
- Highly fibrillated, short (0.5–1mm) fibers
- Yellow color
- Useful temperature range (-200 to +350°C)
- Specific gravity of 1.45
- Specific surface area of 7–11m2/g
- Bulk density of 3–10 lb/ft3
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Kevlar® for stronger Brake Pads, Clutches and Gaskets
Kevlar® reinforcement helps reduce weight without compromising strength in marine, energy, and maritime vessel composites.
- Adhesives, Sealants, & Coatings
- Automotive Components Reinforcements