Building & Construction Products
At DuPont, we’re focused on dynamic science that generates real-world solutions for the Building & Construction Industries.
That’s why DuPont is at the forefront of building science, with brands you depend on, like Tyvek®, SentryGlas®, Corian® solid surfaces, Zodiaq® quartz surfaces and KEVLAR®. DuPont is showing up for work at residential and commercial job sites around the globe. We're meeting the challenges of discovering and developing the innovative solutions you need in a changing world.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
Commercial Specifications Resource Center
The following information is being provided as a resource for more information about the DuPont products listed in Product MasterSpec Section 072500 Weather Barriers and Section 072726 Fluid Applied.
- Sustainable Buildings
- Understanding Vapor Permeability
- Building Envelope CEU: Take our new video CEUs right from our site on NFPA 285 and Fluid Applied Air Barrier Membranes.
- Vinyl Siding Installed Over DuPont™ Tyvek® ThermaWrap® R5.0
To facilitate the choice of mechanical (cut) protective clothing, both the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the European Union (EU) have developed cut standards for selection criteria.
Thermal Regulations Overview
DuPont offers an overview of the typical regulation hazard codes and the leading thermal regulations impacting personal protective equipment (PPE).
NESC® C2 Overview
NESC® C2 sets best practices and rules to protect utility workers in the construction, maintenance, and operation of electric supply and communication lines and equipment.
Durability and Lifecycle of DuPont™ Nomex®
Durable, inherently fire-resistant Nomex® fiber has an excellent wear life and helps contribute to bottom-line savings.
What Keeps You Safe?
“What Keeps You Safe?” PPE videos from DuPont show how heroes in firefighting, military, law enforcement, and emergency response rely on DuPont invention and innovation.
- Ozone-friendly Refrigerant Options
NFPA 2113 Overview
NFPA 2113 specifies the minimum selection, care, use, and maintenance requirements for flame-resistant garments for use by industrial personnel in areas at risk from flash fires or short-duration flame exposure that are compliant with NFPA 2112.
- DuPont Receives “A” Ratings for Outstanding Quality and Outstanding Service from David Weekley Homes Industry Leading Partners of Choice Award
- DuPont™ FlexWrap™ EZ Adhesive Tape Selected as Parade of Products Award Winner
- DuPont Introduces FlexWrap™ EZ Adhesive Tape to the US market
- Builder Partnerships Names DuPont™ Tyvek® Manufacturer Partner of the Year
- DuPont to Debut New Innovative Tape and Live Demonstrations at 2018 International Builders’ Show in Orlando
- DuPont™ Tyvek® Earns Partners of Choice Award from David Weekley Homes
- DuPont Launches Next Generation of DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied WB+™ System
- DuPont™ Tyvek® Packages Flashing in Convenient, Shorter Lengths
- Tyvek® Protec™ Debuts at the 2017 International Roofing Expo
- Sorona® Oeko-Tex®-Certified
- New Innovations in DuPont™ Tyvek® Weatherization Portfolio to Showcase at 2017 International Builder’s Show
- DuPont Protection Solutions Adds 12” Width to its DuPont™ Flashing Tape Offering
- High-Performance Roofing at Universal Studios
- Recently renovated Rijksmuseum Amsterdam
- Rehabilitation of a symbolic building in Val-de-Reuil
- Yes! hairdressing salons with Corian® Charging Surface
- Corian® renovates an iconic façade in Madrid’s financial center
- CommercialWrap® D Provides Superior Protection
- Ronald McDonald House® and Tyvek®
- Home Achieves Outstanding Energy Performance Rating
- Using DuPont™ Tyvek® for Residing Projects
- Hurricanes no match for Tyvek®
- FiberTite® Airport Roof
- Johns Manville PVC Roof Covers New U.S. Bank Stadium
- Tedlar® PVF Films for Industrial Applications
- Tyvek® Air and Water Barriers for Residential Construction
- DuPont™ Sorona®
- Tyvek® Air and Water Barriers for Commercial Construction
- Tyvek® Protective Apparel
- Tychem® garments
- Kevlar® brand
- Roofing Products
- DuPont™ Flashing Systems
- Corian® Solid Surfaces
- Elvaloy® Modifier Resin
- Zytel® nylon resin
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Zodiaq® for Corporate and Public Spaces
Zodiaq® for Healthcare
With hospital interior design, the first concern is safety. Nonporous, easy to maintain and extremely strong, Zodiaq® quartz surface is highly suitable for important healthcare applications, such as receptions desks.
- Corian® for Public Spaces
- Corian® for Healthcare
- Corian® for Residential Design
- Zodiaq® for Food Service
- Corian® for Exterior Cladding
- Corian® Kitchen Countertops and Sinks
- Corian® Bathroom Countertops and Sinks
- Corian® DeepColor™ Technology
- Futrus® Solutions with DuPont™ Corian®
- Tedlar® is an Ideal Protection Material for Architectural Substrates