As of June 1, 2022, DuPont has achieved the following progress against our 2019 PFAS commitments:
- Phased out use of long-chain PFAS in our processes and products.
- Replaced all Aqueous Film Forming Foams (AFFF) in fire suppression systems at our manufacturing operations that contained PFAS with fluorine free foam, except where they are legally required.
- Provided open-source access to technical guidance documents on how to use DuPont technologies for PFAS remediation. For more information please visit https://www.dupont.com/pfas/remediation-technology-sharing.html.
- Enabled access to DuPont’s proprietary Chemical Awareness Toolkit to aid in the assessment of chemical alternatives. For access, please visit https://www.chemicalawarenesstoolkit.com/home.
- Donated $4 million in unrestricted grant funding to the National Science Foundation (NSF) to support the NSF ERASE-PFAS program that funds grants to explore novel PFAS treatment and remediation technologies. As part of our $6 million dollar pledge, we will donate another $2 million in 2022. For details on the NSF ERASE-PFAS program please go to https://www.nsf.gov/news/news_summ.jsp?cntn_id=303258&org=CBET to learn more.
- Delivered on our commitment to partner with local, state and federal agencies related to ongoing remediation at those of our production sites with PFAS in soil and/or groundwater.
- In collaboration with an accredited EHS consulting company, developed and implemented a new corporate standard to monitor and govern substances of concern across the company.