Interra® HK 04J Planar Capacitor Laminate
DuPont™ Interra® embedded planar capacitor laminate is used to make thinner, more efficient power and ground planes within a multilayer printed wiring board.
Interra® HK04J provides very low impedance at high frequency, power bus decoupling, and electromagnetic interference reduction. It replaces surface mount by-pass capacitors and their plated-through-holes, which improves the reliability, design flexibility, packaging size and cost of the PWB.
Interra® HK04J is an all-polyimide dielectric laminate that offers the best mechanical properties, reliability and capacitance stability on the market. It can be processed as a thin flexible circuit laminate through the develop/etch/strip process steps. The HK04J dielectric is flexible and can be imaged and etched to remove copper on both sides of the dielectric at the same time. HK04J provides high reliability through PWB processing and in extreme PWB conditions (eg. the Mars Rover).
- High speed multilayer printed wiring boards
- Servers, routers, telecom
- Military and Aerospace PWBs
- Graphics Processing Units (GPU)
- PWB's with >4 SMT By-Pass Capacitors per square inch
Benefits of Embedded Capacitance
- Cost reduction by reducing surface mount capacitors and their plated-through-holes
- Reduced inductance for efficient low noise power delivery
- Reduced board size and layer count
- Improved circuit design
- Improved PWB reliability and toughness
- Higher processing yield
Features of Interra® HK04J
- Homogeneous, all-polyimide dielectric layer that will not delaminate during processing
- High initiation and propagation tear strengths contribute to superior handling
- Proven high reliability under extreme conditions
- Excellent capacitance stability over range of frequencies, temperatures and voltages
- Available with ½ oz (18 μm), 1 oz (35 μm) and 2 oz (70 μm) copper thicknesses in balanced and unbalanced constructions
- Offered with IPC 4562 Grade 3 reverse treated electrodeposited copper. Rolled annealed copper is available upon request
- Available with 1 mil dielectric thickness